Public bodies, including local-authority-maintained schools, are covered by the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010.
As part of our duties we publish:
- an Equalities Information profile of our school based upon the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010 – this is updated and published every year
- our school’s Equality Objectives – these are reviewed annually and updated at least once every 4 years
- To monitor and promote the involvement of all groups of students in the extra-curricular life of the school, including leadership opportunities, especially students with special educational needs.
- To close gaps in attainment and achievement between students and all groups of students; especially boys and girls, students eligible for free-school meals, students with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and students from different heritage groups.
- To raise rates of progress between existing students and those joining the school from other providers within 6 months of joining the school.
- To improve attendance for those students with a high level of medical need across the academic year by minimising incidental absences.
This will apply to all pupils, staff and others using the facilities. We will give relevant and proportionate consideration to the public sector equality duty.
Click here to view our policy.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.