The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011. Dean Bank Primary and Nursery School acknowledges the contribution of funds allocated by the Government specifically for children who access Free School Meals, have parents who are in the Armed Forces or who are Looked After. This budget allocation is used resourcefully to ensure a significant impact in learning for these groups of pupils.
You can view or download our Pupil Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
Pupil Premium Strategy Review 2021-22
Pupil Premium Strategy 2021-22
Pupil Premium Impact 2020-2021
Pupil Premium Spend 2020-2021
Pupil Premium Impact 2019-2020
Pupil Premium Spend 2019-2020
Pupil Premium Impact 2018- 2019
Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2018- 2019
Pupil Premium Review 2017-2018
Pupil Premium Impact 2017-2018
Pupil Premium Spending 2017-2018
In June 2020 the government announced £1 billion of funding to support children and young people to catch up on missed learning caused by coronavirus (COVID19). This is especially important for the most vulnerable pupils and pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds who we know have been most affected.
Schools must use the Sports Premium funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport they offer to pupils.
- This means that the premium should be used to:
develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that the school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Schools can use the premium to secure improvements in the following indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Please view or download our Sport Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
Sports Premium 2021-22
Sports Premium Impact 2020-2021
Sport Premium Impact 2019-2020
Sport Premium Impact 2018-2019
Dean Bank PE Health Check 2018
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.