Our Fairtrade group is a group of children from KS2 who work with Miss Potts to develop other pupils’ understanding of what Fairtrade is and why it is important.
This year we are continuing to meet to arrange activities to develop our school’s knowledge of Fairtrade even further. Look out for details of our activities and events on Facebook during Fairtrade fortnight.
In the 2017-2018 academic year, we achieved the FairAchiever school award (which is the highest level of the Fairtarde award scheme) by organising lots of different events linked to Fairtrade including:
- Producing an action plan of suggested activities in Fairtrade Fortnight and beyond
- Creating a Fairtrade notice board with posters to encourage members of our school community to switch to Fairtrade products
- Creating a Fairtrade policy to be followed by all staff
- Visiting local shops to investigate Fairtrade produce
- Presenting an assembly for the whole school about Fairtrade
- Planning and running Fairtrade bake sales for pupils and staff at playtimes
- Helping teachers with ideas for teaching their pupils about Fairtrade and using Fairtrade products in their lessons